The Abegweit First Nation Administration and Finance Department oversees all programs and other areas that may not be covered by one of the main programs. Some of these areas include:
- Water and sewer infrastructure and services;
- Community buildings;
- Education facilities and programs;
- Social services for families, seniors, and youth;
- Community economic development and employment initiatives;
- Road maintenance;
- Ecological rehabilitation work;
- Recreational and fitness facilities and services;
- Agreements with federal, provincial, and local governments and agencies;
- Tripartite agreements (including the RCMP);
- Lands, infrastructure, and housing;
- Family violence prevention;
- Youth programming;
- Transportation; and
- Abegweit’s blueberry fields.
Overall, administration employees work to support and assist band members, other staff, and the Council.
The Finance Department is also responsible for duties such as:
- Occupational health and safety;
- Quality assurance;
- Human Resources (staffing, training, benefits, etc.);
- Staff events;
- Data storage; and
- Annual audits.
Other duties include quarterly community updates, recreation and youth activities, and annual community events. The Finance Department also assists in the creation and implementation of personnel policies and procedures for all departments and employees.