The Community Economic Development Program (CEDP) provides the following services:
- Proposal development;
- Community economic planning and capacity development;
- Developing, creating, and finding employment for community members;
- Community-owned and community member business development services;
- Community land and resource development;
- Access to opportunities from land and resources beyond community control;
- Promotion of investment in our community; and
- Research and advocacy (of and for new projects).
Abegweit First Nation is always open to ideas and partnerships that may lead to potential business opportunities. This includes opportunities for new Band-owned and partnership businesses on and off reserve.
If you, or your organization, are interested in any such initiatives or partnerships, we are always open to new ideas and would invite you to contact us to begin discussions.
Please contact Tyler Gould, Director of Economic Development, at [email protected] for more information.